LSU Mission Statement
The Loker Student Union provides an environment which is designed to encourage interaction among the campus’ constituent groups (internal and external), enhance the sense of campus community, and expand the avenues through which the university educates students.
Through its many activities and services, the Loker Student Union provides cultural, social and recreational programming that supports the educational mission of the University, encouraging the development of citizenship, leadership, and social responsibility for success in a dynamic and pluralistic society.
Serving today, educating for tomorrow.
The logo was designed by Alumni: Adrian Gonzalez in 2015. The design relates to the letter “X” because the letter “X” is a mark, an indicator and an identifier. The letter “X” marks the spot on a map and since the LSU building is at the heart of the campus it was important to point it out. The four geometric shapes meet in the center to create unity. Each shape represents a different category found in the LSU “students, staff, faculty, guest.”
Uphold the mission of the Donald P. and Katherine B. Loker University Student Union, Inc. for current and future generations of California State University, Dominguez Hills students.
- Student awareness of the LSU mission and active participation in shared-governance, employment, programs, and services offered.
- Responsible and transparent stewardship of LSU assets.
- Collaboration with student affairs, auxiliary organizations and academic departments to promote school spirit.
- Holistic development of students in order to help prepare future global leaders ready to succeed in their chosen profession.
- Satisfy the university community’s service needs in an aesthetically pleasing, welcoming and inclusive environment.
Association of College Union International (ACUI)
The union is the community center of the college, serving students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests. By whatever form or name, a college union is an organization offering a variety of programs, activities, services, and facilities that, when taken together, represent a well-considered plan for the community life of the college.
The Safe Space Program seeks to promote awareness of and respect for the diverse LGBT culture on the CSUDH campus; and establish a visible network of staff, faculty, and administrators who are trained to advocate for LGBT students.